We are seeking a State Filings Manager to work out of our Santa Monica, CA, Fort Worth, TX or Boca Raton, FL office. This position reports to the Principal & Director of Regulatory Compliance and will be responsible for the general management of our growing State Filings consulting practice.
WHAT WE’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Competitive salary including merit based bonus plan
- Flexible work hours
- Clear opportunities for career progression
- Company funded professional educational program
- Generous benefits including PTO, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401K with match
- Friendly, dynamic work environment
- Visible management commitment to our company core values of employee development, excellent work product, innovation, integrity, respect for each other, and superior customer service
What you’ll be doing:
- Overseeing team of six (6) state filings professionals in three (3) office locations (CA, FL & TX).
- Monitoring workloads and providing overall organizational analysis; advising Director of any necessary changes to maintain and improve efficiencies.
- Performing technical review of complex filings.
- Keeping abreast of current laws affecting form, rate and rule filings and related matters and effectively communicating to staff.
- Improving existing processes as changes are made to SERFF and our proprietary filings platform, StateFilings.com.
- Providing coaching and training to team members, including ensuring that effective and current training materials are available and up to date.
- Working with software developers to continuously improve StateFilings.com.
- Maintaining good relationships with State Insurance Department personnel.
- Working with our internal Sales department to sell State Filings and Bureau Monitoring services, including drafting proposals, providing fee and timing estimates and participating on calls with prospects.
- Overseeing department time reporting, billing and invoicing activities.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree required and professional designations desired
- Minimum of five (5) years insurance experience
- Minimum of two (2) years staff management experience
- Project management experience
- Prior experience submitting state filings and working with SERFF, IFRS, NILS/ LexisNexis or similar, ISONET, and NCCI.com.
- Ability to multi-task and function in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Working knowledge of property and casualty lines of business a plus