We are seeking a very hands-on State Filings Manager to work out of our Santa Monica, CA, Fort Worth, TX or Boca Raton, FL office. The manager will be tasked with looking for new ways to get things done while capitalizing on our existing expertise. They will build and maintain a high performance team through effective performance management, career development, communication, and coaching.
WHAT WE’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Competitive salary including merit based bonus plan
- Flexible work hours
- Clear opportunities for career progression
- Company funded professional educational program
- Generous benefits including PTO, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401K with match
- Friendly, dynamic work environment
- Visible management commitment to our company core values of employee development, excellent work product, innovation, integrity, respect for each other, and superior customer service
What you’ll be doing:
- Overseeing daily operations of six (6) non-exempt state filings analysts in three (3) office locations (CA, FL & TX). This includes ensuring adherence to deadlines, policies/procedures and compliance of all other pertinent wage and hour provisions (ex. overtime, meal and rest periods).
- Ability to design department organizational structure to effectively meet departmental goals and responsibilities. This includes the ability to manage multiple activities in different stages of development with occasional shifting of daily priorities.
- Insuring that effective and current training materials are available and properly distributed in order to promote a successful on-boarding experience.
- Monitoring workloads and providing overall organizational analysis; advising director of any necessary changes to maintain and improve efficiencies.
- Working with our Enterprise Software Solutions team to continuously improve our proprietary filings platform, StateFilings.com.
- Performing technical review of filings to be submitted for accuracy.
- Keeping abreast of current laws affecting form, rate and rule filings and related matters and effectively communicating to staff.
- Consistently supervising, coaching and mentoring to ensure effective work performance. This is inclusive of performing informal and formal reviews.
- Maintaining good relationships with state Insurance Department personnel.
- Identifying, developing and implementing new services to increase sales.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree required and professional designations desired
- Minimum of five (5) years insurance experience
- Working knowledge of property and casualty lines of business a plus
- Minimum of two (2) years very hands-on staff management experience
- Project management experience
- Prior experience submitting state filings and working with SERFF and/or I-file a plus
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and function in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Complex problem-solving abilities & conceptual / critical thinking
- High degree of customer service, outcome focus and initiative
- Self-motivation, energy and flexibility