Perr&Knight’s Actuarial Practice is looking to hire an Actuarial Consultant to work in our Boca Raton, FL office.
WHAT WE’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Competitive salary including merit based bonus plan
- Flexible work hours
- Clear opportunities for career progression
- Company funded professional educational program
- Generous benefits including PTO, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401K with match
- Friendly, dynamic work environment
- Visible management commitment to our company core values of employee development, excellent work product, innovation, integrity, respect for each other, and superior customer service
What you’ll be doing:
The Actuarial Consultant’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, rate making and reserving projects for personal and commercial lines of business. These could consist of rate level indications, class plan analyses, benchmarking analyses, rate/rule/form filings, reserve analyses, self-insured retention analyses, modeling, funding studies, etc.
The Actuarial Consultant will work closely with a supervising Consulting Actuary and our other practice areas such as Product Design and State Filings. In addition, it is expected that the Actuarial Consultant will communicate and work directly with clients, with supervision. The Actuarial Consultant will be responsible for meeting a monthly billing target.
What you’ll bring to the table:
• 1 to 3 years experience working as an actuary in the Property/Casualty industry
• 1 to 3 Actuarial Exams
• BS/BA degree from an accredited university
• General understanding standard actuarial terms such as loss ratio, ultimate losses, written premium, earned premium, on-level earned premium, frequency, severity, loss cost, etc…
• General understanding of standard industry coverage types such as Bodily Injury, Property Damage, Personal Injury Protection, Uninsured Motorist, Comprehensive, Collision, etc…
• Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word and Access skills. Visual Basic (macros) is a plus, but not required
• Ability to think creatively/imaginatively
• Excellent written and oral communication skills