Perr&Knight’s Actuarial Practice is looking to hire a Senior Actuarial Consultant to work in our Boca Raton, FL office.
WHAT WE’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Competitive salary including merit based bonus plan
- Flexible work hours
- Clear opportunities for career progression
- Company funded professional educational program
- Generous benefits including PTO, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401K with match
- Friendly, dynamic work environment
- Visible management commitment to our company core values of employee development, excellent work product, innovation, integrity, respect for each other, and superior customer service
What you’ll be doing:
The Senior Actuarial Consultant’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, rate making and reserving projects for personal and commercial lines of business. These could consist of rate level indications, class plan analyses, benchmarking analyses, rate/rule/form filings, reserve analyses, self-insured retention analyses, modeling, funding studies, etc.
The Senior Actuarial Consultant will work closely with a supervising Consulting Actuary and our other practice areas such as Product Design and State Filings. In addition, it is expected that the Senior Actuarial Consultant will communicate and work directly with clients. The Senior Actuarial Consultant will be responsible for meeting a monthly billing target.
What you’ll bring to the table:
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required
• 3 to 5 years experience working as an actuary in the Property/Casualty industry
• 4 to 6 Actuarial Exams
• Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word and Access skills (Visual Basic (macros) is a plus, but not required)
• Strong quantitative skills
• Ability to think creatively/imaginatively
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities/projects with deadlines
• Ability to work independently
The following characteristics are preferred, but not required:
• Experience in ratemaking for personal and/or commercial lines